Saturday, November 25, 2006

Low Dose Naltrexone Update!

I've been on LDN now for just on 4 weeks. I wanted to post what an amazing thing this medication is. I have no numbness on my left side of my body. I have had this numbness which causes a horrible pain for many years, sometimes it is unbearable. The numbness which causes the droopy eye lid is also gone. I can walk faster and longer on our nightly walks. I haven't started the weight training yet, mostly because we have been so busy that I am pretty spent by night. My activity level has improved 85%. I can do things I thought I would never do again. My general overall mental state is much better. I feel "happier" and not so gloomy. I do have M.S. still. I don't claim to be "healed" I feel it, but It doesn't seem to be such a depressing thought now. Every now and then I drag a foot and I still drop things. The last month has been so wonderful that I don't think I would mind another relapse. I never knew the meaning of living in the moment before. I think most people never stop and think they might not have tomorrow. I think a lot about that because of M.S. I don't expect to die tomorrow, but my tomorrow might not be like today, I could end up in the hospital or have a horrible attack. (vision or even paralyzed). Even so, I am so blessed to have these past 4 weeks. I am trusting there will be many more! Please, if you have Multiple Sclerosis, please do research into LDN. (Low Dose Naltrexone)

For the first time in years I am looking forward to our trip to Disneyland in a couple of days. I am so excited to enjoy it feeling as great as I do. I will post how it goes when I get back....maybe even reports from there! I feel like my health won't be on my mind every moment. I bet it is going to be great!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so deliriously happy that you are feeling so great!!
I've been looking forward to this week for so long, I can hardly believe we get to see you in a few days.
Love you!