Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The Simple Life

When Peter Jackson agreed to make The Lord of The Rings Trilogy my husband Gene and I were so excited. You see, he introduced me to Tolkein in the 70's and would read them to me and eventually our children. I can still remember the night vividly when he was reading "The Bridge of Khazad-dum". He also had cinnamon rolls in the oven. Alas, the rolls burned because none of us could bare for him to stop. My son sat there with his thumb in his mouth holding his blanket......my daughter and I sat breathless. Finally the fall of Gandalf!

As I was remembering this I realized this quote "it is not bad thing to celebrate a simple life" was played out that night. Just our little family there reading a great story and burning cinnamon rolls!

Enjoy your simple life to the fullest! And...read Lord Of The Rings!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your first post mom!

I love you lots.
geno

Anonymous said...

I remember not being able to sleep because the "black riders were about."
Welcome to the blogosphere!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I am SO proud of you! You're a "grown-up" blogger now! Myspace no more! And what a cute post! I remember when Mom reading the Mines of Moria too us and we cracked up at the "Fool of a Took" moment . . . I hope to read it to my kids one day! Thanks for being my LOTR buddy!