Sunday, June 10, 2007

Severe empty nest syndrome!

Well.....our nest was successful! I am sorry to say, we don't have too many great pictures. Who knew Mourning Doves were so secretive? This appears to be one of the 2 babies that was in the nest. If you saw my previous post, there were two eggs, which is common for Mourning Doves. I did get to see a parent feed a baby on the fence behind our home, but they were gone before I could get a picture. After reading up on the birds, I feel privileged to have had a successful nest. It seems they don't always produce.

With that said, I must admit, I was a little bummed because I could not really enjoy them on a daily basis. When the little house finches nested by our back door (ruining our light by the way), you could watch the parents fly in and out and feed their young. Being the typical selfish person I am, I figure if you are going to use my yard, let me watch!
This appears to be the adults on the roof of our home.

And this is the empty nest!




No comments: