Monday, September 17, 2007

More about Me, Interlude

Here are the rules:
- Each player starts with eight random facts about themselves.
- Those who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight facts and post these rules.
- At the end of the post, choose some people to get tagged and list their names.


My mom and I went to Ireland in 1989. It was a LONG flight and we had to sit in the smoking section of the airplane because my mom smoked. Which, BTW, is stupid to me because the smoke ends up going through out the plane, so there is really no unaffected part of an airplane, but that isn't the reason for the fact. All of that to say I was really tired. When we arrived in Dublin, I was informed that it was my duty to figure out all the pounds to dollars stuff. That is not the reason for the post either. All of this to say, I was really tired and felling pretty sick. When we got to the hotel and were given the key we were told the "lift" was over there. I didn't know what "lift" meant. This is not the reason for the comment either. When we figured it out we promptly went to the room inserted the key and low and behold it didn't work! We, and by we I mean I, kept trying....suddenly a guy comes and opens the door in his underwear. I guess we, and by we I mean I, was trying to open the wrong door.....oops! Crazy American!

I looked in the mirror one morning in 1972 (I was 16) and thought "man, I'm beautiful"!

I frequently open my Christmas gifts and re wrap them. I can't stand the suspense. Hence the name Pandora.

In high school, probably due to my beauty :-) I belonged to a club called the Porsche Club. We started the club in my junior year. Of coarse none of us had a Porsche. It was a invitation only club that started in my junior year and stopped in my senior year. All the popular kids were in this club. Anyway, to raise money (why I don't know, nor do I know what we did with it....even though I was the treasurer) we made "grass passes". We had these little buttons that were all green. We sold them to the in-coming freshmen. We told them they could not walk on the grass without a grass pass. Somehow, we were not suspended. And even teachers bought them. Here is our Chemistry teacher with one on.

Gene and I went to see Johnny Carson. Sylvester Stallone was the guest. When Johnny would do his trademark "It was so hot today...." we were the only ones in the audience who answered "how hot was it?". He smiled and seemed happy that someone knew what to do!

I walked the March of Dimes 20 mile walk....two times. The first time it took me around 10 hours and I couldn't walk for days after that. The second time I decided to take my shoes off (my feet were hot and swollen). I stepped on glass and got a bad cut. I didn't finish that year. I still have the scar.

Gene and I stood in line to see "The Hobbit" in 1977. We didn't know it was a cartoon. We were so disappointed.

Last Christmas, Johnny and I ate chocolate covered bugs.

If you're reading this and your name is Marti consider yourself tagged!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pam!
Thanks for the tagging, but I just did this back in July. Here's the link:
http://www.mybigfatcubanfamily.com/my_big_fat_cuban_family/2007/07/five-random-fac.html

but I'll post it again here... because I can! I only have five:

1) ~ I still think in Spanish on many occasions. I have to translate what I want to say or do into English. This all happens in my head. Sometimes I cannot for the life of me remember the English word for what I'm thinking. But I don't have an accent in either language. (now I'm wondering if the forgetfulness is more the product of my age...maybe there's even a name for it - Bilingual Dementia??)

2) ~ When I find myself in uncomfortable situations, I count. I just start counting quietly in my head until it calms me down. I think it must be a form of reassuring myself that the discomfort won't last. (and because sucking my thumb would be way too obvious.)

3) ~ I love to cook. I'm a wonderful and super messy cook. I absolutely hate cleaning up after myself. It's not fair, I know. I don't even clean up as I go. (I know there is a way to do this, but it escapes me completely) I don't put things away or rinse things out as I am through using them. (whatever you're thinking now, don't even say it! =D)

4) ~ I will not watch scary movies. NEVER. They scare me and they don't entertain me at all. I will not budge on this. Not tempted in any way to ever watch scary movies. I like light comedies or well written action/drama. Movies are fun for me. I won't spoil it for myself by being freaked out.

5) ~ When I eat a Hershey's Kiss, I never EVER bite into it. I take my time and just suck on it until it starts to disappear and then I introduce another Kiss and continue the same "melts in your mouth" process. I do this with about five kisses until they're all completely gone.

Love you!!

Pandora Lee Pensiero said...

Oh yeah...sorry, I remember reading them now. But only 5? I know you have 8......