Wednesday, October 03, 2007

27 Years today!

It seems like yesterday and it seems like another life time ago! It was 27 years ago today I received the first of two precious gifts, the gift of a daughter! My daughter, Mary has been a blessing for 27+ years. She was a surprise, because in the stone age, it wasn't common to know the sex of the child before it was born.

I woke up after a nap and suddenly knew what her name was. It would be Mary after the mother of Jesus and Elizabeth after the mother of John the Baptist. My thinking was that both those women were strong and were able to handle what God had in store for them. I wanted a strong child that would be able to stand on her own two feet. It was after I decided on the name that I realized they were also the names of Gene's mom and mine. That was when I knew she would be a girl!

We have had so many fun memories, some of which are in the collage. My favorite picture in that group is the tissue bride! Tomorrow we are all getting together for a gala celebration, but I wanted to say....Happy Birthday Honey! I love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember the day she was born and you called to tell me it was a girl. Has it really been 27 years??
Love that collage.
Happy Birthday, Mary!