Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Pincho of Pan Con Tomate with Angulas, Osetra Caviar & Tomatillos....WHAT?

If that isn't a tease, I don't know what is. But, alas, it doesn't have anything to do with my post.

We have been enjoying the show Top Chef. That tease is one of the dishes cooked up by Ilan(winner of season 2). That is a digression, but it is a great show, my favorite chef in season 2 was Marcel! I really don't know how they make all of that stuff out of a couple of things in the kitchen.

Anyway, my husband and I have been trying to diet. We decided to go with the South Beach Diet. I mean, if it is good enough for President Clinton, it is good enough for us!

Now, being a not so fan of the Atkins Diet, I was a little weary of this one. It is like the Atkins diet and it is not like it. First of all, you can eat more carbs in the phase one state, unlike Atkins. It seems they are focusing on cutting out any white flour, sugar and fruit. (the fruit is for the first 2 weeks)

I feel much better on this diet than I did when we tried Atkins. What I like about this diet, is you can have ice cream! You also don't have to count anything. From what I can tell, it is a lot like the diabetic association diet. And how are we doing????? As of today, about 12 days into the 14 days, I have lost 8 pounds and Gene has lost 6. Now to the topic of my post!

Look at this amazing dish my husband made last night......Let me see if I can do it top chef justice.

Here we have a Turkey Parmesan Italian classic. It is a skinless, boneless turkey cutlet coated in a pine nut, Parmesan, Italian herb crust gently sauteed in extra virgin olive oil topped with shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese and placed under the broiler until the cheese melts. The cutlet is cradled in tomato basil sauce. A side of Roma tomatoes stuffed with mozzarella cheese, roughly chopped fresh basil leaves, freshly grated Parmesan cheese and minced garlic baked to perfection!

If you like to have the recipe for the Turkey Cutlet click HERE! Here is the Stuffed Baked Tomato recipe:

4 Roma Tomatoes, halved lengthwise
3 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese (1/2 cup)
1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh basil leaves
2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 garlic clove, minced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Heat oven to 400 degrees.
Scoop out the inside of each tomato half and roughly chop the scooped pulp. Combine tomato pulp, mozzarella, basil, Parmesan, garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
Place tomatoes, cut side up, on a baking sheet. Spoon in tomato mixture and bake until cheese is melted and lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Serve warm!

Makes 4 servings!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooh! That's so cool you're posting recipes - keep em coming - I love that.
Longing to see you (so much thinner I probably won't recognize you)! =D