Saturday, June 28, 2008

6 months, 10 years, what's up with that?



We live in a really nice neighborhood in our little town of Hanford. And, although my husband says "it will never be a real town", I am still quite fond of it. Which is why I get annoyed every time I go by a couple of houses. The one above has been this way for at least 6 months. I guess someone missed the turn and plowed into their fence. (Probably the same someone who plowed into our mail box while we were at Disneyland, but that is not important right now!) I drive by this home several times a day and each time I wonder when they will fix the fence.

The second home is the one here-

We affectionately call it "the Winchester Mystery House". The brick work goes in every which direction. This house has been vacant for at least 10 years. In all that time, they have been building it! Lately a "honey pot" (those of us from Southern California know this as a Casey) and huge dumpster has been added. And a few days ago, I saw the garage door open! There is nothing inside the home. I don't know what they need the dumpster for or the "honey pot" for that matter. Funny how neighborhoods are....I have heard all kinds of stories from a guy building it for his girlfriend to the owner being in a horrible car accident. But the mystery remains. Someone cuts the grass, waters and cuts the grass and needs to use the toilet, apparently.

No comments: