Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Charlotte she aint!


We have a couple of places around our house that you can always find a black widow spider. We spray them, Gene stomps them (he calls it "death from above"). It really doesn't matter what we do. You kill one and another one is there next time you look. We walk every night. We always wait until dark because it is generally cooler and I can walk longer. Every night we shine our flashlight on the "hot spots". Finally, I decided, to try and get a picture. Pretty good, if I do say so. But so creepy. I don't know what it is. Maybe it is her glistening body. Or maybe it is that red hourglass. Whatever it is it makes my skin crawl. Even taking the picture, I felt like she was right there. We didn't bother killing her....yet. I guess we figure the frost will come soon enough and she will die....but another will be there to take her place, of that I am sure! In the mean time, click on the picture and look at it in it's larger form!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not sure which one of the last two photos is scarier - the black widow or the SYRINGE!

=D