Saturday, January 03, 2009

A recommendation or two

I've been lame at recommending things lately, but here are a couple I absolutely love. This was one the the gifts I gave Gene at Christmas. Well, really I wanted it for myself. You see I can NEVER see the time in our bedroom! So this was advertised on QVC and I decided to try it. It has a BIG display so I can see it at night in my sleepy funk. But what is really cool is this
It projects the time on the ceiling!

Wow! Admit it, it is amazing! That is the actual picture in the pitch dark!



And that is the display on the clock! What is truly amazing is the cost. I got this for only $24.13 from QVC. (Item #E05736) So if you have trouble seeing your clock at night, or can't see the actual clock, consider this one because it projects onto the ceiling!

Now, how did I get those great shots? From my new lens, of coarse!

My camera is the Nikon D40. Gene got me this new lens to take pictures in low light. I can't wait to try it out at Disneyland. (I love taking the night shots at DL!)



The lens is the Nikon 50 mm f/1.8D Nikkor AF. All of that along with the new star filter promises to make me a great photographer!
















No comments: