Saturday, October 29, 2011

I'm still here!


You have read how I feed lots and lots of birds! We've seen Mourning Doves, Starlings, House Finches, Purple Finches, Scrub Jay, Rock Pigeon, House Sparrow, Humming Birds, Mocking Birds, Great Horn Owls and even Coopers Hawks! So, the other day I looked out my window and I said...."Gene, I think there is a hawk out side!"

Now I was a little sad that we feed the birds and here was a hawk that was looking for a quick meal! I figured all the birds had flown away. But as I watched, I noticed he was calking his head this way and that appearing to be listening.


He's listening on each side of the fence....then suddenly there was a quick jump down to the feeder below. As you can see there is a lot of cover from seeds that sprouted up from the dropped seed.



He's on the feeder listening. Apparently some little birds were down on the ground either hiding from him or not aware of him above them. Then he jumped down to the ground. I lost tract of him, but when he re-emerged he had a little sparrow in his claw!


Thanks for all you faithful readers! I'm still here and I hope you find your way back to me! I hope to have a great give a way soon! Keep reading!

I did a little research. He is a Cooper's Hawk and he did the hunting exactly as they say they do! Read about him here.

1 comment:

Liz Wagner said...

I'm glad you're still here. I love your blog, and I'm amazed at how you do everything you do...
A simple life mirrors a simple gospel. I'm going to start working on this...
Blessings,
Liz