Friday, October 19, 2007

Pam's Friday Spotlight....A COW!

I received a catalog from a great ministry we support called Gospel for Asia. I wanted to take a post and encourage everyone to get involved with helping someone less fortunate this Christmas season. For as little as $10 you can give a pair of rabbits or chickens to a family that can support them in an amazing way! What a joy to be able to bless another family in such a practical way!


I decided to buy a cow! Cows seem to be everywhere in India—but many poor families don't have one. Cows provide a lot of good milk to drink ... and to make yogurt, cheese and butter! They also produce calves that can be sold for income or used to produce even more dairy products for additional income.

We also support two children through their Bridge of Hope program. And our church sponsors 3 Native missionaries. Why native missionaries? Well, it is more productive to support someone who is already there and doesn't have to learn the language or customs. They already fit in with the culture and don't require the kinds of things western missionary's often do.


What I love about this ministry is that 100% of the money donated goes to what you pay for. Lots of other charitable organizations give a portion of what is donated, but Gospel for Asia gives it all. I feel so happy that my Christmas celebration began with a cow!




"In as much as you have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me" -Matthew 25:40

No comments: