Friday, April 25, 2008

31 years in silhouettes...

One thing my husband wanted to do this time at Disneyland was to have a silhouette done from the Silhouette Studio on Main Street. He didn't remember or know that we had done one in 1977, so I dug it out and brought it with us. The artists were truly excited to see it. They said it was "Nancy's" work. The young gal doing the silhouettes now said she learned from Nancy. The one on the right is the older one. It had a cool boarder around it. The one on the left is the newest one. I was afraid of how it would turn out, but I think it is pretty accurate. (definitely kinder on the chins than is true) :-)

It causes me to reflect on the wonderful years we have had together. We have been blessed to be able to serve the Lord in full time ministry for going on 26 years. I believe the "burden" of the ministry is really not a burden at all. We have been privileged to help people in their need and be there to enjoy countless blessings. I have known many pastor's families that got burned out because of the demands a church can put on the pastor. But I have been so blessed to have a husband that truly put his family first and because of this we didn't mind the calls that came at odd times. (there is an old joke....why do people always die on the pastor's day off?) I remember one Christmas Gene had to go to a family's home to help with a problem they were having. We just waited for him to return to do our activities. Because, after all, it wasn't about presents or goodies, it was about being together and being thankful for the life we had.

Our children are such a wonderful gift to us. Each one makes me crow with pride! (the good kind) We have 2 amazing spouses for our children and a granddaughter that will steal your heart away!
But I digress....

I guess what I am trying to say is those silhouettes represent our life. A life filled with joy, sadness, peace, salvation, abounding protection, I could go on and on. Thank you Lord for all you have given me!

Did you know they just sit there and look at you and cut the silhouette? I was amazed by that!

Here is what the studio looks like by the end of the day.....

Start a tradition! Get a silhouette done when next you visit Disneyland. The cost is very reasonable. For one silhouette the cost was $7.00 and the frame was $9.00. You can't beat that!

No comments: