Sunday, June 07, 2009

We had another storm...this one was pretty bad


Gene comes home and says, go and get your camera! There is a lot of damage from the storm last night. (well, about a week or so ago, I am very slow in posting!)

Frankly, I am amazed at the damage! We have lived here for 25+ years and I can't remember this much damage from a storm. And it didn't rain very much! It was windy, but we've had worse. I just don't get it. When we lived in San Bernardino we would have rain storms that would last for weeks at a time. There would always be damage. Big trees would always be toppled. This time there was lots of lightening and wind but not much rain or thunder. (certainly not enough to soak the ground) Here are lots of shots of the devastation around my neighborhood. (this was in a 2 mile radius)









Even our little church had damage.

Roof tiles blown off! And we had a shade tarp that was ripped to shreds (they cleaned it before I could get a picture)

Even we didn't get away without damage...


OK so it is no big deal....but I had to post something!

No comments: