Monday, April 21, 2008

Happy Anniversary G & K

It's been two years...I simply can't believe it. Our lives have been amazingly enriched by the addition of Kelly. She is always encouraging and will never say "no" to you. No mother could be happier about a mate for her son than I am. (I am so blessed with both my children's mates, but the tribute to M & J have to wait until next month)

I remembered the other day that Kelly loves Champagne Cake. Gene got her one for her birthday from a local bakery, but none of us liked it much.

I turned to the Internet and decided to try a recipe I found on line. I don't know if it is good, but we will find out. (you can click on the picture to go to the site with the recipe) Instead of champagne I used a mix of white & red sparkling grape juice. The icing tastes like sugar, which is to be expected. It looks better than the picture looks, sure it leans to one side, but it looks nice. I made the "peaks" on it to hide the imperfections. I haven't made this kind of cake in YEARS, but for Kelly, I'll try. Hope it is good. Have to wait to see what she says.

Happy Anniversary Gene and Kelly! Here's to a lifetime of love!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was FANTASTIC! You are the sweetest mother-in-law, my life would have so much less joy in it without you. I love you!