Monday, April 07, 2008

This makes me angry on several levels.


See how small this is? It is even smaller in person. For YEARS (as long as I can remember, and I have been in this city for 23 years) this notice comes every few months in our water bill. Pretty much it says this:

There is arsenic in your water, but it is OK. No need to buy another water source. We just have to tell you.

We have been drinking Sierra Springs water for years (or another delivered water). I just got this notice again this month. I truly can't believe it. What happens when you have too much arsenic in your blood, body?

Drinking high levels of arsenic increases the chance of lung, bladder, and skin cancers, as well as heart disease, diabetes, and neurological damage. Arsenic inhibits the body's ability to fight off cancer and other diseases.

Where did I get this quote? Click HERE. Am I the only one who cares about this? Why has it been going on for as long as I can remember? And why do I have to pay for it?

No comments: