Tuesday, June 24, 2008

What's wrong with this picture?

I know, this is a big faux pas, but necessity is the mother of invention.

Here's my tale...

While on our trip to Disneyland we realized we lost our lens cap! We had no idea where it went. Sad, I know, but seeing the opportunity we decided to buy a new one with Mickey on the cap. Surely they have them? Right? I mean, why not? So we trek on down to the photo kiosk outside of Toontown and found out they don't have one. WHAT? Apparently they use to carry them, but for some unknown reason they stopped. But we found out an amazing fact. If you loose your lens cap (I guess it is a common thing) you can go to the Main Street Photo Supply and ask to look at the found lens caps they have stowed in a box and if one fits you are welcome to it, for free! Who knew? So off we went. You would be surprised at how many different kinds of caps there are. (at least I was) There were at least 20 and none fit except this one and although it is not a Nikon it works just as well. Thought this bit of trivia would enlighten your day!

No comments: