Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Tule fog is back


The thing that makes winter in the San Joaquin Valley (to me) is fog. When we first moved here there were times it was foggy for weeks in a row! But, it hasn't been that bad the past 10 years or so. But there are always bad days. Sadly, there is usually a huge pile up on the freeway because people just won't slow down. Why is that? Where do you have to be that you can't be a couple of minutes later? But I digress...

If you don't have to go anywhere, it is beautiful. When it is thick and you walk in it the sound just "thuds" away. You really don't hear anything. We walk our dog just about every night, and if I am truthful I really enjoy it when it is foggy! We all get so wet just from the air. It is eerie quite and still. Reminds me of a Dickens novel!

Well, it is back! And I love it! That is the end of my street about 2 houses away. It is just barely visible! I'm enjoying my coffee and looking out of the window. I'm sure the foggy day schedules are running on the t.v. I am so thankful I don't have to worry about kids driving in the fog!

I'm enjoying it as it lasts because I know it is just a few DAYS and the 100ยบ weather is back.

No comments: