Friday, December 11, 2009

White Christmas ... well almost....


It has finally become winter here in the Central Valley of California! We had a nice size storm last week. I had to pause and take some pictures of the view around my life.

I'm always amazed at the beauty of God's creation. We came back from our DL trip and the leaves were still on the trees. That seemed a little unusual to me because they are nearly gone (in my neighborhood) by Thanksgiving.





Credit where credit is due...my son took those pictures! We were at work and I saw the beauty of the storm and I asked him to take them.

After such a storm this time of year an amazing thing can and did happen...


The closest thing we get to snow! The frost covered everything. And best of all, it killed the lingering flies! (and probably other plants as well)


But, oh the beauty! For a moment I thought we might have a "White Christmas"!

1 comment:

chassafrass said...

that's sooooo cool! so amazing to hear you're doing well on the LDN too. i remember mom saying that you were going to switch medications around the time we "migrated" up north. what a blessing :D