Monday, May 14, 2018

This is a little tribute to a dear friend of mine who recently went home to be with The Lord.  She has  been a wonderful friend and sister in the Lord to me for over 35 years.  Her name is Kathy Mundy.  But she would always sign her cards to me as Kathleen.  I always loved that about her.  She was a wonderful Mother and Grandmother.  She was such an encouragement to me in so many areas of my life, especially in these past 10 years that have been my darkest and saddest years.  

One night in December 1986, before I knew how to spell her name :-) she spoke in tongues at one of our home bible studies.  The Lord blessed me with the gift of the interpretation and this was what it was....

"In the special hiding place you have provided for me-
My praises will raise, as a bird on the wind, unto your throne"  

I have a notation of Psalm 27:5- For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in His pavilion: in the secret of His tabernacle shall He hide me; He shall set me up upon a rock."  What a lovely comforting thought to know that Kathy is with Him forever being protected upon the rock! 

I do miss her or I miss knowing she is there to send a quick text to or receive a funny quote from. 

What I enjoyed most about her was her desire to help others in need.  She worked for many, many years at the Crossroads Pregnancy Center where she helped countless ladies over the years.  She was just a good person.  I don't believe I ever heard her say anything bad about anyone.  I miss her deeply, but look forward to our reunion!

Her celebration of life service will be held on Saturday, May 19, 2018 at 10:00 AM at South Valley Community Church in Lemoore. In lieu of flowers, Kathy asked that donations be offered to the Crossroads Pregnancy Center 206 W. Lacey Blvd, Hanford CA 93230.

Her Obituary is here.

No comments: