Sunday, June 24, 2007

What kind of a world do we live in where a Gorn gets all my press?


I know my son has this all explained on his blog....but I couldn't resist! Ever since my son has been 5 years old he has been playing guitar. He wanted one for Christmas and his grandparents were nice enough to get it for him. Then we started taking him to music lessons from that point on. He went to lessons from the time he was 5 until he went to college at 18. For years his hands were too small to make correct sounding cords and I wondered if he was really gifted to learn. All I really wanted was the Christmas moments where you could sing Christmas songs accompanied with an instrument. I remember nagging them to please learn one Christmas song each. (our daughter also took lessons...but since she started later, or maybe because she didn't "get" it, she quit at 16) There were a couple years we were able to sing songs accompanied with guitar. Anyway, my son and his wife are off at Calvary Chapel Bitterroot Valley in Montana. They were asked to do an outside concert and then the Sunday morning worship. Above is a picture of him on stage in Montana. (for Marti.....I am reminded of the quote "I would have liked to see Montana") I wish I could have heard him, but I know how wonderful he sounds. I feel like Samwise Gamgee "O great glory and splendour! And all of my wishes have come true!"

No comments: