Monday, February 25, 2008

Good bye Larry, see you soon!

Sunday morning Larry Norman went home to be with the Lord. My husband and I were saved in 1979 and one of our favorite Christian musicians was Larry Norman, especially this album "Only Visiting This Planet". He was considered the "father of Christian rock" (he probably thought that was a dumb title) and to us he was. In my opinion, Christian rock, is nothing like it was in those days. One of my favorite songs he did was "why should the devil have all the good music?" Which seemed to say it all in those days. I remember going to see him at Calvary Chapel of Costa Mesa and being thrilled that there was music we could love!

I know he is with the Lord and no longer suffering, but I think our world is a lot duller without him!

To read more about Larry and his life, click HERE.


No comments: