Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Can anyone stand FedEx? (not the delivery man, the company!)

So, where have I been? Well, mostly watching the puppy cam! Truthfully, a little stressed about all the things I need to do. Today I had to stay home to receive a package from FedEx. Now, I can understand that they want a signature but really, they can't come up with a possible time of delivery? I missed the first attempt on Saturday because we had to leave at 3:15 to go to a wedding. And of coarse they came at 4:15! So, it says on line the package is on the truck and that it can be delivered anytime from 9 to 8....really? And what time is it? 3:53! No package! So, I stayed home all day, waiting. All that means is that I have to work another day to catch up on the work I should have done today. I know I should not complain because I do have a job when so many do not. But, really, can't they give a reasonable time frame? Anyway, it is so beautiful out. The trees are so lovely. They take my breath away! I wish I could leave the house, because then I could take some pictures around of town of the amazing trees! But, I'm waiting for a package...

I go outside to take a picture of my neighbor's trees. Aren't they beautiful? Then something happens...

I see him!!!! The Leaf Guy! How many towns have a leaf guy? This is one of those positive things about Hanford! We don't have to put our leaves into our trash can. All we have to do is put a pile of leaves in the street and the Leaf Guy comes and picks them up. No one knows when he comes, he just comes. He keeps coming until the leaves are gone! It's like magic!

So what else have I been doing? Well, I talked to Marti on the phone! That was a treat. She called because I accidentally called her while trying to text. ;-) So she called me back thinking it could be important. It was so great to talk to her!

But then I decided to tempt fate. I made 2 batches of my Pomegranate Jelly! Gene said not to because "you know FedEx will come right at the most critical time". Well, I thought, "maybe this will bring him". (sorry for the quotations, Kelly) Did he come? NO!

Sorry about the blurry picture, it was taken with my i phone. And it was very HOT and at a rolling boil! I was struck by the beautiful color!

This is one of the two batches. I finished this one and decided to temp fate again, and make the other batch, but did he come? NO!

Then I tried a new recipe for a make ahead gravy. I was so happy it worked. Gravy is never a good experience for me. Did he come? NO! (If you would like the recipe, click HERE)

Then I did this:

Did he come? NO!

Then my sweet husband came home from work. Did he come? NO! Finally at 5:30 he came! I guess I could have gone to work after all, but then look at all I accomplished!

So, maybe the whole day isn't a complete loss!

I forgot to mention...I also did 4 loads of laundry, folded said laundry, and cleaned 1/2 the
bathroom! All in all a very productive day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

--
you were so busy!

i love you.

Anonymous said...

I'm EXHAUSTED reading about your amazing productivity.

I'm so glad I got to talk to you on the phone too and I'm looking forward to seeing the Pardoned Turkeys with you - YAY!!

I sincerely hope at least one of those jelly jars find their way to our house. (HINT!!)

After reading all about your busyness, well.... I think I'll just hang out in my PJ's all day til it's time to go eat something. =D

I love you MORE.