Wednesday, November 05, 2008

I love this season


I love Autumn! It is the only few weeks or even days before our "winter", which is not really "winter", but that is another story. When it gets cold enough here, the bugs die, the air is crisp and my energy goes up. I saw the other day a thing that you only see in the Autumn here. Spider webs blowing in the wind. You might think they are left over Halloween decorations, but they are the real thing and it's called ballooning! They end up on your car antenna, or just floating in the air. I love to see them! It tells me..."IT'S AUTUMN"! Then there are these vines growing around fields with what looks like some sort of melon growing on them. I don't know what they are but I love seeing them, because it says IT'S AUTUMN"! And finally there are many trees that change their color. There are spectacular expressions of God in the trees. The Liquid Amber and the Chinese Pistache are a couple of the amazing ones. When we lived in San Bernardino there was not the amazing transformation as there is here. I know it is nothing like our Eastern USA but it is a nice pocket of beauty in the San Joaquin Valley.

No comments: