Thursday, July 24, 2008

Three Generations of 2's


I was going through some old pictures the other day. ( for those young ons out there - we had to put photo's in boxes because there was not a thing called drives to save them on, and the ones in albums had to be removed because there was no such thing as acid free paper and they were all being ruined) I came across the black and white photo of me at 2 and 4 months. (don't you love how us old timers were always wearing fancy dresses?) I decided to pull out a picture of Mary and Cecilia at that age. Cecilia is pretty much this age now. (another rabbit trail -- I think she thinks we are paparazzi because we are always taking pictures, I mean why not since you can take hundreds and just delete what you don't want. Remember when we had to take them to a photo place, wait for days then pay for pictures that didn't even turn out?) Talk about run on sentences and stream of conscience's!

Anyway I know my face is hard to see but there is enough to see the similarities. Not to mention the hair is at the same stage of growth.

With all the things that happen in a person's life isn't the wisdom that comes with age wonderful? 3 generations, 3 lives and each one is better than the last. I am so thankful to my Lord for His abundant blessings in my life. My life was not easy (despite the dress) yet my daughter and I am trusting my grand daughter will never have to experience the things I did. Thank you Lord for beauty you made of my life!

No comments: